Acountercurrent cooleris used for cooling of hot and moist pellets immediately after pelleting in the pelleting station.
The Cremach countercurrent cooleris a vertical machine using air for cooling. Product inlet, holding and exhaust of the hot moist air are of a non-rusting material (SS 304) whereas collection hopper is fabricated from mild steel sheets. Anticorrosion paint is used for parts of the machine which is not fabricated in non-rusting material. The machine is supplied with a rotary airlock type feeder at inlet, connected to a geared motor, pellet discharger, air inlet and discharge connection, uniform material distributer in the machine. The machine is operated for manual and automatic adjustment of discharge so as to control the cooling time of the hot and moist pellets. The Non contact type sensors supplied along with the machine ensure ease of operation and efficiency.
Features of Counter Current Cooler:
- The machine reduces the temperature of hot pellets from the pellet mill to only 5° C above ambient temperature.
- The conical screen design and the almost circular cross-section ensure uniform air distribution and product discharge.
- The countercurrent cooling method avoids direct blowing of cool air on the hot pellets. This prevents surface cracking of the pellets, maintaining high pellet quality.
- The mechanism ensures pellet hardness is increased, making transportation and storage easier.
- The cooler’s design ensures complete discharge. This eliminates the risk of contamination through leftover discharge residues.